Sunday, November 28, 2010

O Christmas Tree

I usually try to have the tree up and lights on before leaving for Thanksgiving so we can decorate when we get home, but this year, the time just got away from me. So, I spent the first 2 days back getting the tree up. We have one of those old trees with millions (only a slight exaggeration!) of branches that need to be shaped and put in. Ruben helps with the tree, but I'm I'm a little possessive about the lights, and he lets me do those myself. 2,250 lights this year! We love a pretty, colorful tree.

Lily had seen some trees at stores, but had no idea that one would be appearing in our house. She came in the room when it was about a third up and just stopped and stared and said, "ohhhhh". When it came time to hang the ornaments she jumped right in there with her brothers. Each year I buy the kids an ornament that represents something they liked during the year. Lily had helped me pick out a Hello Kitty ornament weeks before, and she was quick to follow her brothers and hang it on the tree. They all had a lot of fun decorating.

Of course the big question is, do I rearrange the bunched up ornaments at the bottom of the tree, or just leave them be? :)

Checking out their ornaments, and getting ready to hang.
Siblings!
Look at that tongue........he's really concentrating!
Taking a break from the decorating to play with the ornaments!

No comments:

Post a Comment