Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bad News on our TA

We got a call from our agency today. Just when you think you're at the stage of the process where nothing can go wrong, you're thrown a curve ball. Our paperwork was sent from the American Consulate in Guangzhou to the CCAA (China Center of Adoption Affairs). The CCAA discovered that the Consulate forgot to sign one of the forms. Our agency worked tirelessly, faxing, calling, overnighting.......trying to get the issue resolved so we would not be delayed. Unfortunately, our TA is delayed by about a week, and we won't see it until the 19th. (hopefully!) That means that we will not be able to leave on the 23rd as we hoped. We are now hoping to leave on the 30th if there are Consulate Appointments available.
For those who don't know the process, the 2nd week of our trip is spent in Guangzhou where the American side of the paperwork is finalized. For this we need a Consulate appointment. The trip is then planned around this appointment.
This news has been very difficult for me. The whole adoption process is full of twists and turns, most of which, are out of our control. It's hard when you know there's a little one waiting on the other side of the world. A little one who needs a home, and a family to love her. I know it will happen. God is in control and his timing is always perfect. So I'm not going to dwell on it......I am going to enjoy my time with my boys, and wait to hear that our TA is on it's way.

3 comments:

  1. It's a lot like giving birth, isn't it? At least for me...with 4 babies who didn't want to come out! You know she's ready, you are beyond eager for her just be here safely, and yet it's all a waiting game. I used to try to take my mind of the agonizing wait by doing things I knew I wouldn't get to do for a while once the baby arrived. Why don't you send the 3 boys over here one day this week and have some "me time"? I know you won't want to leave her with anyone for a few months unless you just absolutely have to. Looking forward to your "baby" shower this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you my friend! I am so ready to see you with Lily! I hope you get awesome news this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soon Lily will be in your arms and all your endless hard work and dedication will pay off. In all the months we've cheered each other on, I never imagined I'd be in China without you. It will be one of my only regrets of this process. But somehow I think our paths will cross, some day, some where.

    It's been a privilege knowing you these last six months on this journey to our children.

    I love a woman with a plan!

    Wendy Cater

    ReplyDelete